Saturday, May 21, 2022

Dior Lucky

 Finally smelled one of the Dior “Whatevers” (Are they Prive? Exclusifs?) that i really like today. I had high hopes for the tonka one, but like every Tonka fragrance out there, it does not smell like Tonka. 

The one I lived is called Lucky. I never would have smelled it if there weren’t a picture next to it off clover, which of course led me to think, “Green?”  And yes, it was green. Light and fresh and just the accord I like. 

But nothing I would ever buy. I wouldn’t spend that kind of coin for that. I would wait for the cheap alternative to cover out. Because really, the formula almost definitely doesn’t contain anything expensive. Probably just a green base. They wouldn’t come out with a a thousand new scents in that range of anything was really exceptional. 

And as I smelled it I was trying to think of what base a i could dilute for the same effect. And then it occurred to me: Firmenich’s Feuillage Verte. So if I can source that again, then I have my Dior Lucky, only better. 


There you go. 

No comments: